Stellaris: Apocalypse, the latest expansion for Paradox Interactive’s strategic space opera, is set to release on February 22. Along with that release date, Paradox has also launched the first story trailer for Apocalypse, which showcases an epic space battle as a fleet of fighters attack what appears to be a weapon that has the capabilities to destroy entire planets.
(Please visit the site to view this media)
Here are some of the new features that Apocalypse brings, according to the expansion’s webpage:
- The new “Colossus” planet-killer weapon – a technological terror that eliminates entire worlds from the universe.
- New enormous “Titan” capital ships can lead your fleets to conquest, offering tremendous bonuses to the vessels under their command. Meanwhile, fortify key systems with massive orbital installations and secure your homeworld as an impenetrable bastion among the stars.
- Marauders – space nomads who raid settled empires and carve out their lives on the fringe of civilization. Hire them as mercenaries in your own conflicts, but take care that they don’t unify and trigger a new mid-game crisis!
- New Ascension Perks and Civics are added in the expansion, along with new Unity Ambitions that provide new ways to spend Unity and customize your development.
- Three new musical pieces have been composed by Andreas Waldetoft for your listening pleasure.
In addition to that, Apocalypse’s YouTube page also mentions that there will be several free features released in an update when Stellaris: Apocalypse goes live for PC, Mac, and Linux on February 22.